Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trip to Phoenix

I have heard your cries for a new post! I apologize for the delay, but I try to blame Delta as much as I can for any problems in my life since our terrible flight experiences. Most of you have already heard our stories, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. Thursday we arrive at the airport at 5:30am eastern time, and arrive in Phoenix 5:45pm eastern time (2:45 AZtime). No, that was not the original travel schedule. We were delayed 5 hours, getting on and off our plane in Atlanta due to a slew of airline-related problems and were handed $100 travel vouchers as we exited the plane. Yeah right! We're not flying with you again, Delta! On our way home, Monday, we arrive at the airport 1:30pm AZtime and get home Tuesday 4:00pm eastern time. That's right, Tuesday. Okay, so this time it was weather related. In Phoenix. What? I've never had a weather-related delay in Phoenix! It rained for 20min and the clouds were dark. Okay fine. Delayed 2.5hrs. Whatever. Only that makes us miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. On the upside, we got to visit Tim and Nicole and Caden, for free! It's a good thing we have friends near Atlanta, or else we would have been paying for a hotel or something. Sheesh....

Okay, tired of complaining. The trip was a great time to see family. Not on such great circumstances; my grandpa's memorial dinner. The dinner was a great turn out, thanks to Steff for heading it up! William got to spend time with our friends and family, and by the looks of it, he had a great time :)


William did pretty well, all things considering...



It's a good thing he had space to play while we sat on the stationary plane for a total of 3 or so hours before a 4hr flight....




We need to work on William closing his mouth when he goes under water :)


I needed to make one collage just for Kara :)


I think he fits in pretty well...

1 comment: